Lawn Mowing, Lawn Maintenance, & Other Lawn Services
We Offer Lawn Services Such As Lawn Mowing & Maintenance To Our Customers In Lakeland, Auburndale, & Plant City, FL
Our team of professionals will provide lawn care that will keep your grass and landscape beds healthy and your yard looking well-manicured.
Let’s face it – you have two choices when it comes to lawn maintenance: Do it yourself or hire someone. If you choose to hire someone, you need to make sure you are making the right choice in who you hire.
At Creative Edge Landscape & Lawn Care, LLC, we possess a team of experienced lawn maintenance professionals with the right tools and knowledge to handle your lawn care needs.
Our lawn services are designed to not only keep your yard looking neat and well-manicured, but to also keep your grass and the plants of your landscape beds healthy.
The lawn services that we have to offer the communities in and around Lakeland, Plant City, & Auburndale include lawn mowing and lawn maintenance, mulch installation, sod installation, landscape bed weed control, trimming of your shrubs and hedges, and planting of colorful annual flowers.
Request An Estimate
What Our Regular Lawn Mowing & Lawn Maintenance Includes
The lawn mowing & maintenance services we provide include grass cutting and edging your lawn along sidewalks, driveways, and other hard surfaces. We also do string trimming around hard to reach areas such as your mailbox or other tight corners of your yard, and we blow grass clippings back into your lawn.
Our lawn mowing and maintenance services are offered on a regular basis. In the area of Central Florida that includes Lakeland, Auburndale, and Plant City we find that the optimal routine for grass cutting is:
- During the period between April and October…weekly.
- From November and March…bi-weekly.
The One-Third Rule & Grass Species Commonly Used For Lawns In Central Florida
When it comes to mowing a lawn, all you need to know is how to push or ride a lawnmower, right? Wrong! Our lawn service team members are professionals for a reason!
Our lawn mowing and maintenance services are offered on a regular basis. In the area of Central Florida that includes Mowing your lawn without understanding the requirements of the grass species that your lawn consists of is a sure way to cause damage. This may result in the need for re-sodding your yard.
We follow the one-third rule as the general method of lawn mowing. The one-third rule requires that no more than one-third of the height of your grass blades are cut off.
However, following the one-third rule is just the start. Our lawn maintenance professionals understand what healthy heights are for various species of turf grasses used in the lawns of Central Florida. For example:
- Proper cut height for St. Augustine grass is 3.5 to 4 inches.
- Recommended height for Bahiagrass is 3 to 4 inches.
- The height for Bermuda grass is 0.5 to 2 inches.
- Proper cut height for Zoysia grass is 1 to 2 inches.
Mulch Installation Services: Increase Your Yard's Curb Appeal While Protecting The Plants In Your Landscape Beds
While the aesthetic benefits of a properly done mulch installation are obvious, what is less apparent are the benefits that mulch has for the plants in your landscape beds. A few benefits are:
- Reduction of the risk for a disease to spread amongst the plants in your landscape beds.
- Retention of moisture.
- Insulation of the soil in your landscape beds from extreme temperatures.
When you hire our team to perform a mulch installation, we make sure to lay the mulch evenly across your beds at a depth of 1 to 2 inches.
Gain A New Lawn Instantly With Our Sod Installation
It could be from a lawn fungal disease, improper irrigation practices, or even over fertilizing, but there may come a point in time when your lawn cannot be salvaged. This is a time that you will need our sod installation service.
- There is already a layer of enriched soil that the grass has taken root in.
- The grass is already grown to maturity and is hardy enough to withstand some of the.harsh heat of a Central Florida summer (with proper watering).
- With sod, you instantly gain an entire lawn in virtually no time at all.
The procedure involved with performing a sod installation include such steps as:
- Measuring the area where the sod installation will be taking place.
- Rototilling the soil to a depth of about 6 to 8 inches.
- Raking the soil level.
- Laying the turf in rows, while trying to create tight seams.
- Cutting out any sections that are around curves and also slicing openings for sprinkler heads.
- Using a lawn roller to press the sod up against the soil beneath it more firmly.
Add Landscape Bed Weed Control To Your Lawn Services
Installing a layer of mulch in your landscape beds can help to prevent weeds from taking over. However, there are always a few weeds that find a way to establish themselves.
In order to halt the advance of weeds in your landscape beds, we offer weed control lawn care in which we spray weed-killer on any weeds that have begun to appear. We will also spray any weeds that are making their way through cracks or seams in your sidewalk and driveway.
Our landscape bed weed control makes a great lawn care add-on to our lawn mowing and maintenance service!
Our Trimming Service Will Keep Your Shrubs, Hedges, & Small Trees Well-Managed & Healthy
Trimming of landscape bed shrubs and hedges is a popular service that our customers add to the existing lawn services they receive from us.
There are several aspects of your yard that will affect you yard’s curb appeal instantly. One of those are having shrubs and hedges that are neatly trimmed and well-managed. That said, aesthetics are not the only reason to invest in our trimming services.
Some additional benefits of having your shrubs, hedges, and small trees trimmed include:
- More sunlight is able to reach parts of the plant that may have not been receiving an optimal amount.
- The sizing and growth of your shrubs and small trees are kept under control.
- Keeping your landscape hedges, shrubs, and small trees well-managed reduces the risk of disease and infestation by insects.
Accent Your Landscape Beds With Annual Color
There are certain considerations that come into play when planting annual flowers. Some of these considerations are:
- What time of the year does a particular annual have the best chance to thrive
- How much water does an annual need. An annual that does not need much water should not be mixed in with ones that do.
- Is there enough space within your landscape beds to accommodate the growth cycle of the chosen annuals.
- What are the sunlight requirements of the selected annuals.
All of the mentioned considerations, as well as others, are vital to the planning and planting of annual flowers for seasonal color.
Popular Annual Flowers That Can Thrive In Central Florida
Travel through Auburndale, Lakeland, or Plant City and you will see a variety of annual flowers that can thrive in the environment of Central Florida.
The most popular annual flowers that we plant for our customers are:
- California Poppies
Call our licensed and insured company to handle all of your lawn service needs.
Creative Edge Landscape is more than just a “mow, blow, and go” lawn care company. We have knowledgeable and skilled team members who know what it takes to properly perform lawn services such as lawn mowing, lawn maintenance, mulch installation, sod installation, landscape bed weed control, and planting of annual flowers for seasonal color.